Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Raven In The Box

Scared, timid, silent, sound it had no more,
Rough and dead, its breath seem to fade,
 Flesh darkened, ripped apart from the soul,
Cover the portions of my love,
The Raven pleaded for its dying soul.

I use to hear it sing in the Sun,
Under my porch it sat, glad ‘twas to sing until the sunset,
Eager I waited each day to listen to its tune,
My heart ached that day when I was sitting all alone,
That silent afternoon!

That abnormal silence crept and swept my porch,
I saw no Raven, nor no music and trill,
Cold numbness laid with me, within me in despair,
That afternoon seemed endless, with spear in its hand,
No word, no sound was in the air.

The Raven’s sound settled deep, deep in my pores,
When I oozed tears, and gave the last con amore,
I boxed the Raven deep within,
For eyes to see, nor for ears to hear no more,

The Raven once trill and melodies breathe no more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment