Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Last Night Dream

They tell me I have no light and I live in diminishing faith,
Fear grips my heart, doubt carpets my mind,
I don’t sit with my Bible, nor many time I sit in prayer,
Church I don’t visit often, my life seems astray.

Trembling soul, cold and weak, dwindling might, I could hardly see,
I see my dusty strength scattered here and scattered there,
With my shivering hands I gather it from rusty floor,
That little strength that I am left with, seems not enough to fight.

I don’t sit in Church, for long hours neither do I pray,
I don’t talk in tongues, nor wise righteous word I display,
I don’t quote Bible in every word I say,
I am just someone who don’t know how to offer a perfect prayer.

All I know is I’m weak, I need His mighty strength indeed,
Day and night I say HELP is only conversation we have,
My heart needs Him every day, I know every day He has my back,
I know my trembling hands are whole again in His promised pact.

Last night as I laid myself, with questions as always,
This time the conversation was more than usual; help I say,
Not that I was with heavy heart, nor I was in pain,
Few drops of tears rolled out on my face.

I was confused to why and what that meant?
My fears seam to leave, my mind was at peace,
My heart was filled with undefined grace,
I felt the strength in me again, His light in that dark night embraced.

I know I am not right, no righteous life I live,
Lord! I know I have made innumerable mistakes,
You still speak to me, You still ready to pick me from my disgrace,
I lean to You, humbly I seek your face.

Last night brought a new day,
A day of surrender and sweet prayers,
I know, I was dubious, uncertain in my ways,
All I had to do is bent a little and cling to His boundless, abounding grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment